Face masks made with egg whites are a great way to improve the tone of your skin and solve many skin problems. It can tighten your skin, shrink pores and deep cleanse your skin and get rid of blackheads and blemishes. Egg whites are a rich source of protein that nourishes your skin and gives it a more youthful appearance.
In fact, egg whites are versatile, you can use them alone in a face mask or combine them with other natural ingredients for a beautiful and radiant complexion. In this way, you can make homemade masks for sensitive skin, oily skin, combination skin and acne prone skin.
For example, tea tree oil, lemon juice, avocado oil, and honey are great ingredients to increase the effectiveness of masks and achieve gorgeous looking skin. In this article, you will find some egg white mask recipes that you can make at home.
It is an excellent natural ingredient found in skincare recipes to improve the appearance of your skin. It helps to tone, tighten and cleanse to give your skin a healthier glow. Egg whites contain many proteins, amino acids, vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your skin. Many of these natural compounds in it accelerate collagen production in your skin, destroy bacteria and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
For example, journal report that egg whites contain essential amino acids. Many of these amino acids are essential for building protein in the skin and repairing muscle tissue. These amino acids are used from many topical cosmetic products to help improve skin texture and appearance.
This compound, which is also found in saliva, human milk, and tears, has antibacterial properties. Most topical acne treatments contain lysozyme to reduce inflammation and kill acne-causing bacteria.
Although few scientific studies have been conducted on the benefits of egg white as a deep cleansing face mask, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to support its benefits. Here are some of them:
- Naturally tightens the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It helps to shrink enlarged pores and get rid of blackheads.
- Reduces excess sebum on the face to help fight oily skin and reduce the number of acne.
- It deeply cleans the impurities and pores on your skin and leaves you a lively complexion.
- It moisturizes dry skin to prevent it from cracking or exfoliating.
- In addition to using egg whites as a topical face mask for healthy looking skin, there are many benefits of eating more eggs in your diet.
Egg White Mask for Oily Skin
A homemade face mask with egg whites, lemon juice and tea tree oil is perfect for oily skin. The acidic properties of lemon juice tighten the pores on your face and also act as a natural chemical peel. Tea tree oil is a well-known antibacterial remedy with acne-fighting properties.
For example, scientific research published in the Australian Medical Journal found that tea tree oil attacks acne-causing bacteria and is as effective as some pharmaceutical acne treatments. Applying tea tree oil topically also has fewer side effects than benzoyl peroxide in relieving acne and acne symptoms.
- 2 egg whites
- Half lemon juice
- Tea tree oil (a few drops)
- Whisk 2 egg whites until they are slightly hard (this helps the face mask stick to your skin).
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Apply the egg white mask to your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
- Allow it to dry to cure oily skin and reduce the number of bacteria.
- Rinse with water and dry your face.
- Apply 2 to 3 times a week to cleanse your skin and prevent excess oil from clogging pores.
Peelable Mask to Clear Blackheads
You can use egg whites to eliminate black spots. It not only helps remove impurities from your pores, but also helps tighten your skin.
- 2 egg whites
- Clean tissue paper
- Put the egg white in a bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Then use a makeup brush to apply it to problem areas on your face.
- Apply tissue paper making sure each strip overlaps the previous one to facilitate peeling.
- Then apply another layer of egg white on top of the sticky wipes.
- Let the egg mask dry until it hardens.
- Carefully peel off the egg mask to remove dirt and black sebum.
- Use twice a week for best results and cleanse your skin regularly to prevent blackheads on your face.
Another way to gently cleanse your face of dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells is to make a baking soda exfoliating mask. Baking soda has a number of uses at home and is very effective at keeping your skin looking great and getting rid of acne.
Egg White Peeling for Acne Prone Skin
Studies on baking soda have revealed that it has some antibacterial activity. What this means is that it will help fight bacteria and improve the appearance of your skin, without widening pores.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Tea tree oil (a few drops)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are slightly firm.
- Then add tea tree oil.
- Add baking soda and mix well to form a thick paste.
- Apply to your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead with gentle circular motions to peel off the dead skin.
- Leave on for 15 minutes for the antimicrobial properties of the baking soda and egg white mask to take effect.
- Rinse with water and dry.
- Apply your favorite natural moisturizer to moisturize your skin and provide it with a protective layer.
Egg White Mask for Dry Skin
Avocados contain healthy oils that leave your skin feeling silky smooth. According to Critical Reviews in the Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, avocados contain many beneficial nutrients for skin health. It has also been found to help increase skin elasticity and reduce the visible signs of aging. Chamomile oil research has revealed that it has anti-inflammatory effects and can help kill germs on the skin.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 dessert spoon of plain yogurt
- A few drops of chamomile essential oil
- Mash the avocado until it forms a paste.
- Add the egg white, chamomile oil and yogurt and mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply to face and keep away from eye area.
- Leave to dry for 10 minutes to moisturize your skin.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.